the land of bimsk
My makeshift desktop and I are absolutely buried in work for the foreseeable future. (at Home)
dinner this week:
during my first trimester, cooking was the absolute last thing i wanted to do. but i’m feeling much better about the whole thing now and have been happily returning back to the kitchen.
Wedding suit shopping and lunch date w/ Matt (at Michigan Avenue)
Finally planted greens in the garden. Two kinds of kale and rainbow chard. (at Home)
i think i’m going to try something new. when we first found out we were expecting, i tried to take a picture a day to document life before the baby. since i’m forgetful about taking my camera places and am also generally bad about keeping stuff like this up, it lasted about two weeks and quickly stopped. so now i’m going to use instagram/tumblr to give it another shot. consider yourself warned.
Benny’s spring/summer hangout.
a running list of things that have made me cry:
since i’ve been pregnant, i have been crying about all kinds of things. well, i like to say that my eyes are sweating. but let’s be honest, i’m crying. i’m crying all over the place. crying over the ridiculous, the valid, and the touching. here is a sample of just a few of those things.
- i’ve seen one episode of the voice. it was one of those episodes where they introduce the contestants and the judges get to choose or reject them for their team. i cried the whole time. i cried when someone got picked (i’m just so happy for them!!) and i cried when someone got rejected (i’m just so sad for them!!). it was a very emotional hour.
- i have been collecting data at a school on the southside during this school year. i’m there about 2-3 times a week and have gotten to know the school and some of the staff rather well. this school is plagued with neighborhood violence issues. and i don’t know if you heard about the man who was driving, pulled over to change his baby girl’s diaper in the front seat, and got sprayed by rival gang members driving by. he survived, the baby was shot four times and did not. this family attends this school. i was at the school the day the siblings came back and when i heard about it, i almost broke down in front of the principal, was barely able to keep it together, and cried all the way home.
- t-bag sent me the sweetest package ever. it was a collection of things that made her think of me over the course of a few months. each item had a sweet note attached to it and there was a really sweet card in the box. i cried when i read the card, i cried as i opened each item and read each note, and continued to cry harder as i worked my way through the package. i love t-bag. <3
- sometimes when i watch matt and benny play together, my eyes start sweating pretty hard. i love the way matt disciplines benny when he’s been bad (i am particularly bad at this) and yet still showers him with so much love and plays with him in such a goofy manner. i love the man matt is and i can’t wait to see what kind of father he will be. this is one lucky little baby.
- i was reading a theory article about how decisions are made in a NICU ward (are they made through the lens of the law? the family? the profession?). i was trying to describe it to a friend and got really teary-eyed just thinking about those poor little babies. poor little babies…
- sometimes i take benny to play at the park and i watch the little kids play in the playground like a huge creeper. nothing about this situation in particular makes me tear up; just everything in general makes me tear up.
- boston. i cried in front of the tv for a few hours, then moved myself over to my computer to cry in front of that a little while more.
- the day i wrote this post: every little thing. i sat in a coffee shop and cried by myself for a good twenty minutes while watching the rain come down outside. kind of like in a sitcom but with more erratic emotions.
- running into one of matt’s former co-workers (who i barely know) at whole foods and telling her that i’m pregnant. for some reason, i got so teary eyed and had to will myself extra hard to not make what was becoming an awkward moment a full-blown awkward explosion.
- at my bachelorette party, i requested that no one buy me any gifts. so what did my totally amazing friends do? they found a loophole and made me gifts instead. honestly, i had to relook at them when i got home because i didn’t really see all of them since i was crying so much.
and there you go. a short list of tear-inducing situations. i know they tell pregnant women to stay extra hydrated. in my case, i wonder if it’s because of all the moisture i lose through my near-daily tears.
Holy shit that’s a wild boar begging for marshmallows. (at The Swamp)