- two cafe au laits and two donuts with brady at red june
- kal gug su (chicken noodle soup) and ddukboki (spicy rice cakes) at the h mart food court with a good friend
- pita chips and jalapeno cilantro hummus
- chadol baegi (super thinly sliced brisket that requires no marinade or oil, just cooks up in less than 30 seconds in its own fatty juices) dipped in sesame oil, sea salt, and black pepper, brown rice, kimchee, and seaweed salad
- lemon triple ginger snap ice cream
- greek yogurt parfait and latte
- homemade kimchee porky broth with fresh ramen noodles and seaweed salad
- mint juleps (with mint from the garden served in our very own mint julep cups. matt’s even has his initials engraved on it) made by matt. miss b and i enjoyed them thoroughly.
- pringles, pretzel snacks, caramel cone ice cream, dark chocolate pecan cookies while derby watching
- mexican food (fresh guacamole, mamey licuado, salsa verde enchiladas, rice, beans) in rogers park
- hazelnut chocolate chip bread pudding with red wine
- waffles with peanut butter, syrup recently purchased in vancouver, berries, and banana and a latte
- matzoh ball soup and a tuna melt at frances’
- the grand finale: pork loin with roasted potatoes and lemony green beans. matt made a paste of fresh herbs (rosemary, savory, oregano), garlic, and olive oil. he marinated pork loin in it all day long, then slow cooked it over red potatoes so the potatoes soaked in all the delicious juices. we threw in lemony green beans for the last ten minutes of roasting. and then…matt, the genius, made a pan gravy with all the crusties and juices that collected at the bottom of the roasting pan. DELICIOUS.
- more lemon triple ginger snap ice cream
i’m a happy girl.