this weekend was spent experiencing different corners of the city i don’t/usually don’t go to.
1) friday night dinner in chinatown. matt and i wandered a bit, picked up a lychee coconut boba, and watched a youth center dunk contest. then made our way to lao hunan. holy crap this place is good. their dry chili fried fish might be one of the best food items i’ve eaten all year.
2) friday night metal show at reggie’s. we went to go watch agalloch for miss b’s birthday. i can honestly say this was my very first metal show and that i have never seen so many ponytails and black t-shirts in one place. we had a blast.
3) saturday afternoon shopping downtown with a friend i haven’t seen in ages. i never go downtown to shop. i have no idea why, but it was lovely. we went to anthropologie (finally got some bowls i’ve been lusting after for months), h & m, and magnolia bakery for a lemon cupcake and red velvet cake.
4) saturday night dinner date at briciola. a new to us italian place with homemade pasta. overall experience was okay to sort of okay.
5) sunday afternoon moving with a-game. she is moving into a new art studio space and it is absolutely stunning. her old space had no windows, no a/c, and a dog that would occasionally puke in her space. this space has high lofted ceilings, a full wall of windows facing downtown, beautiful hardwood floors, and really amazing art and furniture all over the place.
and now back to the usual. lunch at bite and some yoga. that’s it, just a nice summer weekend doing some of the same and quite a bit of the new.